Monday, October 9, 2006

Bento Beginnings!


pictured above: whole grain tortilla wrap with smoked turkey, American cheese, pesto and lettuce; Banilla yogurt with strawberry hearts; cucumbers and feta cheese, and more strawberries.


I did it! I've done 3 bento lunchboxes in a week! I actually think I could keep this up. And I love it! I would never have known that making lunch is fun. I barely get by with the basics without making Son and Husband lunch...but as long as it is a fun thing to do, I think it might last.

So here's my first one on the latest roll - I made one once before for Son, but this time I'm really putting my heart into it! (Sorry, I didn't realize the visual pun.)

Son is SO excited about taking lunch. He couldn't wait to use the new laptop lunchbox, and it took awhile for me to be organized and start it up, but now I'm totally hooked. For months I've been reading bento blogs, and wanting so badly to be the kind of organized mom who makes lunches.
(See my feed - cookingcute.com - she has links there of lots of lunch blogs.)

Son loved his lunch so much. His friend wanted to try it, and also loved the turkey pesto wrap. He said he wanted me to make him lunches too! Ha! I AM a great mom. Image

No comments: